who we are?
We are a Creative Studio
Byte Angle Studios is a boutique creative studio that specializes in supplementing art services for its clients. We provide services like conceptualization, preproduction, production, compositing and execution services in 2D animation, 3D animation and other creative domains. We focus on meeting tight delivery schedules with quality deliveries. We have worked extensively with existing art teams and excel at splitting deliveries to lessen the internal teams load.
what we do?
What we do
We offer a full range of services ranging from storyboarding to full Flash animation production. Since our studio's formation, we have worked on several short and long form animation projects for international and national clients.
Please contact us for our show reel and our animation work. You can browse the gallery section to see samples of our pre-production and concept work.
Our biggest strength is our expertise in design, character animation and storytelling. We have worked with a large variety of clients over the years and have an experienced team that delivers innovative and fun content on time and on budget.
Our pipeline in Flash allows us to quickly and efficiently develop content for TV, the web and mobile phones. We have a full time staff of 15 people and are based out of Boston, and have our satellite studio for the heavy lifting in Chennai India. Please Contact Us if you have any queries regarding work or any other business opportunity.
Byte Angle Studios prides itself with working with top studios around the world when it comes to providing art services. Over the last 5 years we have built an international team of experts that delivery high quality art and animation services to our clients.
Outsourced Art is one of strategies that studios can leverage to support their existing team while driving efficiency. The strategy is to leverage low cost geographies to outsource tasks/services/process/art asset creation while mitigating the risks of offshore sourcing and driving internal focus to innovation. Some of the key drivers for studios to outsource are:
- Faster time-to-market
- Cost effectiveness
View our Pipeline workflow
get in touch
4 Smart Road,
Acton, MA 01720
Telephone:+1 617 500 8247
ByteAngle Studios, Vancouver
Business Development & Project Management
Suite 802, 750 W Pender, Vancouver
Telephone:+1 604 613 8877
Concept art is something that is crucial to a lot of our clients as the Lead Artist in the studios we work with know exactly what it is they want and can usually provide us with detailed reference images...we then take these inputs and are able to provide the Lead with a few options and after an iteration or two we have an ideal concept we can then begin to build out as a final asset.
A lot of companies have ideas in their head or on paper but have a difficult job of putting the thoughts into a meaningful timeline or series of "shots"...our team has a great pre-production storyboarding process that our clients have enjoyed working through.
2D Assets and Flash
We offer the full array of 2D art creation, from concept to vector drawings with final color. We also have full Flash animation abilities that allow our clients to portion off the asset creation part of the animation or work with them from end to end - Flash animatics and games. We have extensive experience and have successfully worked with several social gaming companies and have integrated our team right into their pipeline from concept to game ready assets (hyperlink to "Art Services).
The 3D art arena is something that we have started about 3 years back due to a few of our client requirements and we have done a lot of 3D asset creation - we have a small dedicated 3D team that does great asset creation (modeling, texturing, rigging and lighting) to get the assets ready for animation.
Why and How to use an external Art Team
Key Drivers for external Art Services
Byte Angle Studios prides itself with working with top studios around the world when it comes to providing art services. Over the last 5 years we have built an international team of experts that delivery high quality art and animation services to our clients. External Art is one of strategies that studios can leverage to support their existing team while driving efficiency. The strategy is to leverage low cost geographies to outsource tasks/services/process/art asset creation while mitigating the risks of offshore sourcing and driving internal focus to innovation. Some of the key drivers for studios to outsource are:
- Predictability: The consistent use of common processes, management disciplines, methodologies and metrics across all teams ensures high quality performance
- Flexibility: The global delivery model enables work distribution to be tailored any time to match the needs of the business. Work can be done locally, near-shore, offshore or in multiple locations to accommodate changing business requirements
- Faster time-to-market: Teams working in different locations can take advantage of time zones to offer “follow-the-sun” development
- Responsiveness: A mixture of local, near-shore and offshore development centers means that resources are available around-the-clock
- Cost effectiveness: A key driver for implementing a global delivery model to capitalize on the labor cost savings available globally
- Scalability: Project based scalability and ramp up is one of the most important and key advantages for studios. With all of the various projects and release dates, this allows Art Departments to ramp up and down accordingly without huge burdens on headcount
In order to select the appropriate partner to support your project there are several aspects that you should review:
- Determine which OS model should be leveraged. Identify the real costs associated with preparation and management overhead
- Evaluate asset complexity and outsource capability. What assets are high volume / low risk?
- Complete an assessment profile: Determine internal capacity vs. scope
- Evaluate workflow considerations: what investments are required to external specific tools and pipelines
Art Team Readiness
Critical to success of the engagement is not only determining which assets to externalize but ensuring your team has the appropriate processes and staffing.
- Appropriate Art leads have been versed on the challenges of an external engagement including cultural awareness, resource planning with remote partners and training
- Capacity planning is complete; art team has determined amount of external resources as well as internal resources required to support the external engagement
- Scope is complete; art team confirmed amount of staff months required for external engagement
- Art team has locked design – artistic and technical;
- A pilot test has been run between your art team and ByteAngle to identify any kinks in the process: effectiveness of artistic and technical documents, realistic review/feedback and integration time, communication etc.
- Art team has a communication plan in place: identify the key points of contact between art team and ByteAngle, determine how reviews/feedback will be handled etc.
- Production schedule is in place with timelines for delivery and receipt of assets
Art Review and Approval Process
ByteAngle will create an asset of every class to be used as a visual and technical benchmark. Each asset must move through the same Art Review and Approval Process that is planned for Production. The pilot engagement should answer the following Art Review and Approval questions:
- Who is required to sign off on the art?
- Is the review process appropriate for the asset type?
- Is the review process appropriate for the review team? Can it be accomplished within 5 business days?
- Is the art delivered in a state that is considered complete?
Checklist for Externalizing
- Lock down art requirements and list of actual assets
- Forward a style guide/art guide and allow time for ByteAngle to ramp up the team
- Art references is approved and ready to deploy
- Identify all technical requirements for the property: such as poly count; texture sizes; LODs; naming conventions etc.
- Establish pipeline intended for outsourcing
- Create palette and material library, if required (art specific)
- Establish hierarchy of ownership (approvals and sign-offs)
- Create templates and benchmarks for every object class
- Setup files, if deemed necessary
- Create schedule and document expectations
- Determine tools and scripts (tested pipeline, install instructions)
- Create the Object checklist for reviewers and external house QA